Covid-19 Prevention & Response at Ashcroft Terminal
Throughout the Covid-19 Pandemic, Ashcroft Terminal has taken every extra precaution to protect the health and safety of our team, contractors, subcontractors, their families and the greater community. We are working hard to ensure our collective safety through elevated workplace protocols, as well as enforcing a Covid-19 Prevention & Response Plan for all staff, contractors and subcontractors.
The following measures are updated regularly in accordance with orders and guidelines published by the government, WorkSafe BC and the BC Centre for Disease Control.
- All employees, contractors and subcontractors must maintain a 6-foot distance from others at minimum.
- Masks are mandatory in ATL buildings or within 6-feet of another person.
- If experiencing flu-like symptoms, all staff, contractors and subcontractors must stay home. Contractors and subcontractors are further required to notify Ashcroft Terminal to ensure contact tracing protocols are implemented.
- All safety talks must occur outdoors, or in the instance of weather constraints, in a large well-ventilated location.
- Contractors and subcontractors who will be working within 6-feet of ATL personnel must complete a temperature check and provide contact information at Reception each day, prior to proceeding onto the Terminal.
- Contractors and subcontractors are required to pass relevant documentation to Terminal Coordinators via the open slot in the glass participation located in the Main Office Complex
- Contractors and subcontractors must take lunches within the vicinity of their work area, or outdoors (weather permitting) and avoid eating / gathering in the Reception area, staff lunchrooms and Terminal offices.
Elevated Hygiene Protocols:
All staff, contractors and subcontractors must adhere to elevated workplace and personal hygiene protocols, including:
- Washing hands with soap for 20 seconds
- Using hand sanitizer regularly
- Wearing latex and / or nitrile gloves where appropriate
- Coughing / sneezing into bent elbows or tissues
- Maintaining 6-feet physical distancing
- Prohibited use of personal travel mugs and water bottles at coffee & water dispensers
- Prohibited hand-shaking
- If flu-like symptoms occur while at the Terminal, individuals must notify Terminal Management, the HSSE Manager, or the Construction Project Coordinator immediately.
- If individuals have been exposed to or had contact with someone exposed to Covid-19, they must go home, notify their immediate supervisor, including Ashcroft Terminal Management, and call the COVID-19 BC Hotline at 1-833-784-4397 or the Provincial Centralized Screening number at 1-800-663-9122 for further direction.
- In the event a contractor or subcontractor has or develops symptoms while on Terminal property, that person(s) must be removed from the Terminal, and all work areas must be immediately disinfected following contacting Ashcroft Terminal Management, the HSSE Manager, or the Construction Project Coordinator. The immediate supervisor of the contractor or subcontractor must also be contacted by the individual.
Changes to the Ashcroft Terminal Covid-19 Prevention & Response Plan will be updated and published immediately.