Scope of Position
The Terminal Labourer is responsible for efficiently assisting in the running of Terminal operations through accurate and timely completion of assigned duties. While ensuring that all related administrative and organizational details are taken care of in a timely and appropriate manner.
The Terminal Labourer will be focused on the warehouse operations of Ashcroft Terminal, the role operates with a four on, four off schedule rotation of 12-hour shifts. Weekend work will be required.
As a fast-paced growing company, the role of the Terminal Labourer will be expected to take on other duties and responsibilities not specified below, as required and as the business necessitates, on an occasional or on-going basis.
Roles, Responsibilities, and Expectations
- Load and unload materials from containers into warehouse, and vice versa
- Verifying item & quantity to ensure accuracy in storage/shipment placement
- Locating, picking, pulling shipments in an accurate and timely manner
- Repackaging/Relocating shipments as required
- Scanning/Inventory of items
- Warehouse/Terminal organization
- As required perform general labour and cleaning tasks
- Communicate efficiently with Assistant Terminal Manager, make recommendations on process improvements.
- Adhere to all company policies, processes, and procedures
- Complete detailed and accurate timecards
- Ensure accurate record keeping of tasks onsite
- Ensure paperwork related to transloading/storage is complete and accurate.
- Read and sign off on all related company SOP’s
Skills, Qualifications, and Experience Required
- Completion of Grade 12
- Valid First Aid Certification would be considered an asset
- Previous warehouse/labourer experience would be considered an asset
Technical skill requirements:
- Excellent English language skills in written and verbal communication
- Must be physically fit and able to lift up to 50 ilbs
Soft skill requirements:
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated, with an ability to work independently using sound judgment and initiative
- Must be safety focused in all activities
- Must be dependable and reliable in attendance, punctuality, and task completion
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks
- Must have proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must have the ability to make reasoned decisions
- Detail-oriented, with an emphasis on exceptional quality of work
- Proven organizational ability
- Flexible, honest, acting in all situations with professionalism and integrity
- Professional with a positive, proactive ‘can-do’ and ‘solutions oriented’ attitude