- Responsible for the operation of the Terminal and related facilities in accordance with Ashcroft Terminal Limited and financial objective.
- Lead all day-to-day terminal operations including toolbox talks.
- Responsible to ensure FLHA’s and equipment checklists are completed
- Coach & train equipment operators on safe & productive; work procedures
- Participate in developing and implementing objectives for equipment operators and help them achieve desired results
- Provide feedback to equipment operators and take action on non-compliant behaviour
- Oversee & manage the day to day utilization of equipment operators
- Engagement in safety meetings; management meetings; incident investigations and follow up
- Review performance against operating plans and targets
- Identify opportunities to add value through efficiencies and continuous improvement
- Able to adapt to changes needed to achieve optimum terminal results
- Ensure that all operational, maintenance and project needs have been identified and communicated to the team
- Participate in the development process of annual operating and capital budgets and effectively manage and assign operations consistent with achieving these goals
- Interact with customer representatives, regulatory agencies, and other terminal stakeholders as required
- Overseeing and guiding technological change and operational advancements in terminal processes and practices.
- Report to Assistant Terminal Managers with close working relationships with maintenance, HSSE, IT, construction.
- Work with Terminal Management team to analyze the terminals future businesses requirements of labour, equipment, safety supplies.
- Set expectations, follow up with accountability, and through courageous conversations effectively foster continual improvement.
- Ensuring that high standards of safety and environmental compliance are achieved as defined by the Health, Safety and Reclamation Code for the Terminal and other relevant government regulations, permits and in accordance with the company’s safety, health and environmental policies;
Experience And Qualifications
- 4+ years of progressive management/supervisory responsibilities.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean abstract.
- Working knowledge of bulk & container terminal operations and related safety procedures, standards, and environmental regulations
- Proven supervisory experience effectively managing people and assets in a manner that ensures overall success and promotes a team attitude and positive working environment.
- Demonstrated conflict-resolution skills, problem-solving abilities, and professional judgment.
- Experience related to goal setting, performance management, incident investigation (including root cause analysis and corrective actions), work permits, developing written procedures, FLHA, operations and maintenance safe work procedures, fiscal responsibility, and budget planning.
- Effective communication skills, good business acumen, demonstrated leadership capability, strong organizational and problem-solving experience and knowledge of cost analysis and control methodology.
- Well-balanced interpersonal skills and demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks are essential.
- Problem solver with the ability to find resolutions and make critical decisions.
- Self-motivated and capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment and consistently maintain a professional and respectful attitude with co-workers, clients, vendors, and regulatory agencies.
If interested, please send your resume to [email protected] .