Director of Corporate Affairs & Communications
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Corporate Affairs and Communications is responsible for developing and executing Ashcroft Terminal’s communications, engagement, and brand management strategy.
As a high impact role, this position will lead the development and execution of all corporate communications through media relations, public affairs, and other stakeholder messaging. Using various communication platforms, the Director will develop a seamless engagement strategy promoting the ATL brand, their strategic partnerships, and strong relationships with the regional First Nations and local community.
This position is based at the corporate head office in Vancouver, BC.
Interested applicants can submit a resume and cover letter directly to: [email protected] .
- Understand the company, its products, services, and business direction by initiating and cultivating collaborative working relationships with management and leadership across the organization
- Plan, develop and implement a multi-media strategic communications plan, external outreach strategies and brand initiatives linked to the company’s vision, purpose, and values
- Provide leadership on communications, media relations, external stakeholder and community engagement, and community investment initiatives
- Provide leadership and direction to cross-functional teams, as well as consultants, on internal and external communications and engagement initiatives to deliver strategic, performance-based results
- Manage emerging issues to protect the company’s reputation – provide sound advice to leadership on issues and events
- Prepare briefings, coach executives regarding communications style and content
- Serve as the company’s first point of contact and spokesperson on media matters
- Curate content and oversee execution for various internal and external communications platforms and channels
- Lead and develop written communications, speaking notes, employee newsletter and other communications products
- Develop proactive media outreach strategies – prepare messaging, news releases, statements, fact sheets, Q&A, opinion editorials and videos
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with key media
- Coach, advise, and train leaders, spokespersons, and employees on media relations guidelines and best practices
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key decision makers and influencers in municipal and regional government and local communities; support relationship building with the provincial and federal governments, and federal regulatory agencies such as Transport Canada
- Develop and strengthen relationships with community stakeholders; support relationship building and issues management with First Nations
- Identify and support advocacy efforts with industry leading associations and bodies on behalf of the company
Title: Director, Corporate Affairs & Communications
Reports to: CEO
Direct Reports: 2
External Relations: Federal & Provincial government; First Nations; Port Authorities, Media
1st Year Successes
- Understand the business, the industry, as well as the local communities including First Nations
- Know the stakeholders and their impact; building relationships with Federal/Provincial governments, First Nations and Port Authorities
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing, or related communications field
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in progressively more complex senior management/ leadership roles in a corporate communications environment
- Strong writing and editing skills and the ability to translate technical and sensitive information for a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated ability to plan and write for a broad range of materials, documents, and platforms
- Experience managing complex issues and projects
- Proven ability to engage and influence internal and external audiences around corporate responsibility
- Demonstrated experience leading community engagement initiatives and familiarity with the First Nations community
- Strategic and business planning processes and budget management
- Strong government and public relations acumen, including an understanding of various levels of government
- Experience and familiarity in an industrial setting an asset
- Solid knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Experience with social media platforms would be an asset
- Demonstrated adherence to professional, ethical, and respectful behaviour
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail, discretion, and self-reliance
- Possess well-developed problem-solving skills, an analytical mindset, and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and demanding environment with changing priorities
- Ability to set and maintain competing priorities through effective management and delegation skills
- Embody and model high emotional intelligence to facilitate respectful, collaborative interpersonal relationships to influence positive outcomes
- Exceptional ability to build and sustain relationships with various individuals
- Team-player attitude and collaborative approach to work and objectives
If interested, please send your resume to [email protected]. Only successful candidates will be contacted.