Costing & Procurement Accountant
The Costing & Procurement Accountant is a member of the Finance team, primarily in charge of all areas of costing. This role manages costing and procurement activities for both locations in Ashcroft and Vancouver and helps drive value for money that can then be invested to deliver products and innovative solutions to the company. The Costing & Procurement Accountant will be part of a high-performing team and a trusted advisor to senior leadership in making informed decisions on strategic and operational expenditures.
The role is based in Ashcroft, BC.
- Responsible for all areas of costing including operating, overhead, CAPEX, and project costs.
- Reconcile monthly accounts and partner with Finance team members to ensure accurate cost reporting, maintain & update direct and indirect cost budgets.
- Be the primary owner of the procurement, CAPEX and Accounts Payable modules in the Oracle Cloud Fusion system
- Work with operations team to ensure reliable costing being developed.
- Execute purchase orders and support all departments with sourcing and procurement needs, using the Oracle Cloud Fusion system
- Perform market research, data analytics, and pricing analysis on a regular basis to drive cost efficiency.
- Assist in compilation of information for external and internal auditors on an annual basis.
- Conduct physical asset count and reconcile with financial system reports.
- Manage the tendering and contract management process from start to finish in accordance with the company’s policy and Delegation of Authority.
- Develop and maintain the company’s procurement policy and procedure.
- Liaison with regional Procurement team to ensure alignment.
- Build relationship with suppliers and manage quality control and prices through supplier management.
- Source new suppliers and materials including through business networking.
- Advise on innovative procurement ideas and opportunities.
- This position will be expected to take on other duties and responsibilities as required and as the business necessitates on an occasional or on-going basis.
Title: Costing & Procurement Accountant
Reports to: Chief Financial Officer
Professional Experience and Qualifications
- Completed undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or relevant discipline.
- Professional accounting designation; CPA designation or working towards completion of CPA.
- 3+ years relevant hands-on experience with full accounting cycle, cost accounting, budget/forecast, strategic sourcing roles with proven track record to execute and deliver in a complex environment.
- Strong accounting foundation, including knowledge of relevant accounting framework, IFRS reporting standard and managerial accounting practices.
- In-depth business level understanding of activity-based costing
- Comprehensive experience establishing vendor agreements including the ability to strategically assess and mitigate risk with vendors and suppliers through well-structured agreements.
- Experience in supply chain and/or construction is considered an asset.
- Solid quantitative and financial skills: to understand, model and summarize financial information.
- Solid computer skills in a Windows environment (MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong writing skills for creating reports, correspondence, contracts, requests, bids, and other documentation.
- Strong analytical and interpretive skills
- Oracle Cloud or other ERP experience would be a positive factor.
- Occasional travel between Ashcroft and Vancouver is required, for this valid class 5 driver’s license is a must.
- Ambitious and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and initiative
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with an emphasis on exceptional quality of work
- Must have the ability to use sound judgment and make reasoned decisions.
- Strong understanding of negotiation theory, strategies, and practices
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills to communicate effectively with all levels within the organization and with external stakeholders.
- High proficiency to meet deliverables with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize under time constraints, and work to deadlines.
- Must be innovative, adaptable to change, and excited to learn and grow with the company.
- Flexibility to quickly learn and adapt to changing business needs.
- Professional with a positive, proactive ‘can-do’ and ‘solutions oriented’ attitude.
- Technical Skill Set
- Creative Problem Solving
- Organizational Ability
- Strategic Thinking
If interested, please send your resume to [email protected] .