Uniquely positioned as a significant and sustainable materials management terminal, Ashcroft Terminal's direct connection to rail lines helps reduce the number of goods movement-related truck trips, which improves environmental performance and condenses roadway congestion — an underlying commitment to sustainability and Ashcroft's development.
Ashcroft Terminal is dedicated to environmental sustainability by expanding its operations in order to reduce carbon emissions created by highway shipping.
Five Positive Effects of Rail Travel Versus Transport Trucking Why You Should Invest In Rail Travel
- Ashcroft Terminal provides a one-of-a-kind opportunity to reduce carbon emissions by reducing Metro Vancouver and interior highway.
- Work done to prepare vessel shipments closer to the source of production and receive the product directly by rail, is key to reducing emissions.
- Ashcroft Terminal is a self-sufficient facility in continued development with enough aggregate for road base and rail ballast on site to complete phase 3 and 4.
- The Corporation of Delta and other municipalities in Metro Vancouver are actively working with Ashcroft Terminal to explore ways to help mitigate congestion issues. Preparation for direct hitting the dock eases some of the challenges in Metro Vancouver: please refer to the 2014 Inland Port Study.
- Committed to be a part of growth that is sustainable and coordinated in order to have a truly healthy BC and Canada, Ashcroft Terminal is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for customers and an important part in reducing your carbon footprint for years to come.