The Senior Manager, Intermodal will be responsible for developing a detailed understanding of customer’s transportation needs and design innovative and practical transportation solutions that optimize customer supply chains and delivers efficiency and productivity improvements.
This leader will be an ultimate problem solver and a creative and innovative thinker. The successful individual will have strong technical and analytical, problem solving abilities to design/optimize supply chain networks and processes for the intermodal service offering. Capable of working independently and establishing a routine to successfully support the regional sales and marketing team requirements. You are a strong relationship builder confident with delivering detailed solutions to customers across the region.
- Work with leadership to communicate the value proposition for the services that the Ashcroft Terminal offers
- Maintain and continually enhance pricing fundamentals for the North American Intermodal network. This includes all port and terminal operations.
- Negotiate favorable market pricing with key providers in the Intermodal marketplace to enhance pricing connection to the broader business.
- Lead the charge for ‘solutions selling’ of Ashcroft’s Intermodal Services
- Clear communication of service expectations to all employees and clients; ensure operational compliance with the designed operating models
- Ideal candidates should have multiple years of experience in building and delivering solutions with complex customer needs globally from the customer or sales side of the business landscape
- Demonstrate excellence and execute on building a customer pipeline which will lead to achieving growth and revenue targets
- Work with the Global operations team to align network development strategies with the execution of the business
- Ongoing management and future development of personnel within the business.
- Build ‘proformas’ and understand optimal solutions for new and existing customers
- Working with other key leaders in the broader organization on the development of sales and marketing initiatives for the Intermodal products.
- Add value to the broader organization through Intermodal initiatives that complement the service offerings of the terminal.
- Develop solutions to obstacles that limit growth or service, as it applies to the Intermodal network development.
Professional Experience, Qualifications & Attributes
- BA or BS Degree preferred
- Proven logistics and solutions/selling experience from the customer or sales side
- Able to communicate successfully with customers, rail & intermodal providers
- Able to communicate upwards to leadership team and down to people on the ground
- 7-10 years minimum Intermodal experience preferred
- In depth knowledge of Intermodal networks and pricing
- Deep understanding of Intermodal RFQ/RFP processes
- Proficient in using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Ability to work in fast paced environment that involves using multiple applications and handling a high volume of requests
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Market knowledge of Intermodal lanes, market rates and asset- based supplier operations
- Commercial and/or Industrial market and supply chain experience
- Ideal candidates should have multiple years of experience in sales with demonstrated success in revenue growth.
- A strong passion for business and able to make near and long- term decisions to navigate the region for sustained growth
- A creative thinker, out of the box – adaptable and able to bring new ideas
- Travel within the region and beyond will be required.
- The position will require strong analytical and decision- making abilities
- Results Oriented
- Dealing with Transition
- Creative Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Strategic Thinking
- Project Management
If you are interested in learning more about this role, please send your resume to [email protected]
TSI Group Inc. is a boutique search firm that provides executive search, strategic talent acquisition and leadership development. We partner with our clients to offer our knowledge, capacity and resources to find and cultivate the talent that drives our client’s success. Having a direct strategy and executing it precisely is what drives TSI to consistently satisfy its clients and grow as a best in class executive search and talent acquisition firm.
Our goal at TSI Group is to source the best talent to meet our client’s hiring need and to work with candidates in a professional and confidential manner, and to always have the value we provide to our clients and candidates be recognized as unprecedented.