In this newly created HR position, you will be an HR generalist responsible for the day-to-day delivery, coordination and administration of HR programs and services in Ashcroft, BC. Reporting to the Corporate Affairs Officer, you will have local responsibility for HR, including:
- Positioning Ashcroft Terminal as a desirable place to work and acting as a brand ambassador in the community.
- Coordinating all recruitment, retention and engagement efforts
- Supporting managers to effectively manage employees
- Supporting employee training and development initiatives
- Maintaining all employee records
- Shaping a positive and fun company culture and overseeing employee social event planning activities.
- Coordinating implementation of compensation and benefits programs and enhancements
- Acting as a key employee relations resource for the company and creating a safe place for employees and managers alike to discuss their concerns
You must have the confidence to draw on available resources to determine reasonable solutions to employee situations that arise.
You must have the confidence to carry out the position with sensitivity and tactfulness, while also balancing the interests all parties. You need to be a problem solver extraordinaire and be able to gain the confidence of managers and employees alike.
Other key skills and qualifications necessary for success in this role include:
- Relevant post-secondary degree, preferably with a major in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- CPHR designation.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience in an HR generalist capacity.
- Experience working or living in a small, rural community would be an asset.
- Strong working knowledge of BC workplace legislation
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal & written.
- Strong organizational ability and planning skills, with ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material in an appropriate manner.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Able to work well independently or in a team setting, in an unstructured environment.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Ashcroft Terminal is located in Ashcroft, BC, a small town located along the banks of the Thompson River in BC’s beautiful interior. Known for its rich history and the best of small town living, ample outdoor activities and affordable housing, Ashcroft is a wonderful place to live and work.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to return to their roots and to work where they live. Ashcroft Terminal offers a pleasant, respectful work environment, a family feel in our approach to business, and a fair, practical, common sense way of handling employee issues. We provide a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees, and support employee training and development initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to be considered for this position, please help us to get to know you better by answering the following questions in your cover letter:
1. Why do you want to work in a company as a solo HR generalist?
2. Describe an HR program that you developed from scratch?
3. What unique challenges and opportunities do you anticipate working as an HR practitioner in a small town?
**Only applicants who respond to these questions will be considered for this role**
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected]