ROLES, RESPONSIBILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Keeps equipment (container reachstackers, container toplifters, forklifts, prime movers, container chassis, conveyors, fuel transloaders and personel vehicles) available for use by completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes and tire rotations.
- Maintains equipment functionality via a scheduled preventive maintenance programe, by listening to operator feedback; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Perform repair work on vehicles such as breakdowns and malfunctions in a safe, efficient, and quality manner.
- Perform operation test prior to repairs to verify complaint
- Diagnose cause of any malfunction and perform repairs to manufacturers specifications including spreaders, mast, forks, engines, transmissions and clutches, suspension and steering, fuel and ignition (gas and diesel), electrical systems, brakes, HVAC systems, etc.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Communicate efficiently with Site Supervisor (Equipment) & VP Facilities
- Ensure compliance to all guidelines provided in the Ashcroft Terminal Health & Safety Manual
- Complete detailed and accurate timecards
- Read and sign off on all related company SOP’s
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Certified heavy duty equipment mechanic
- Current first aid certification is an asset
- Experience with performing maintenance and repairs to toplift container handler, reachstacker and forklifts of various tonnage is a must.
- Experience in performing maintenance and repairs to personnel vehicles is also a must
- Ability to operate the above mentioned machinery would be beneficial.
Technical skill requirements:
- Attention to detail during equipment repair will be necessary.
- Familiarity with parts and components of complex machinery and engines, as well as the tools to fix them.
- Be familiar with equipment electronics, be able to use electronic diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot repairs.
- Good troubleshooting skills to be able to look at mechanical and electrical systems, identify problems, and think about possible solutions.
- Excellent English language skills in written and verbal communication
- Must hold a valid BC Drivers License
Soft skill requirements:
- Strong work ethic and self-motivated/self-directed, with an ability to work independently using sound judgment and initiative
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks
- Must have proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Must have the ability to make reasoned decisions
- Detail-oriented, with an emphasis on exceptional quality of work
- Proven organizational ability
- Flexible, honest, acting in all situations with professionalism and integrity
- Professional with a positive, proactive ‘can-do’ and ‘solutions oriented’ attitude
To apply please submit your resume to [email protected].