Ashcroft Terminal, located in beautiful Ashcroft, BC, is British Columbia’s largest inland terminal. Comprising 320 acres of freehold industrial land, Ashcroft Terminal is the only major privately-owned industrial property in Canada where both Class 1 railroad lines – including Canadian National Railway and Canadian Pacific Railway – run through, transporting import and export cargoes to and from the Port of Vancouver, across Canada and as far as Chicago and other North American markets. We are an industry leader in developing solutions that maximize logistics and reduce supply chain costs for our clients. Shippers, producers, and manufacturers who are working with Ashcroft Terminal to remove bottlenecks and smooth out their product moves, have benefitted from the ease and efficiency of our one-of-a kind transloading solution.
As a member of the PSA Group, Ashcroft Terminal is now part of global company dedicated to being the port operator of choice in the world’s gateway hubs, renowned for best-in-class services a successful partnerships. We offer a pleasant work environment and want to do all we can to make our workplace a great place to work. The Commercial Coordinator position will be based in Vancouver.
The Commercial Coordinator will support our busy Commercial team with critical research, internal and external communications, proposal writing and presentations. Under the mentorship and direction of the Chief Commercial & Corporate Affairs Officer, this position provides career development opportunities in an exciting role that is essential to our growth.
The Commercial Coordinator:
- Draws on strong business acumen and communication skills to work cross functionally and connect many areas of the business
- Creates client proposals, researches content and structures presentation materials
- Assists with internal presentations, including but not limited to board meetings, panels, and customer presentations
- Researches and reports on market trends, policies, regulatory frameworks, and government funding opportunities
- Excels at internal and external communications within the commercial team, government, stakeholders and the community at large
- Handles social media channels and updates support materials
- Proactively takes on administrative support as needed such as meeting notes, reporting on funding research, organizing public and community relations activities, etc
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role of administrative, marketing and business support with a focus on written communications, proposals and presentations
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong research skills and attention to detail
- A curious mindset and proactive approach to problem solving
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to work well independently or in a team setting, in an unstructured environment
What You Can Expect
Ashcroft Terminal offers a pleasant, respectful work environment, a family feel in our approach to business, and a fair, practical, common sense way of handling employee issues. We provide a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time employees, and support employee training and development initiatives.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this opportunity, send your resume to our recruitment partner, Allison Ford at The Headhunters, at [email protected]
Only candidates already eligible to work in Canada will be reviewed. Fit is important to us and it’s important to the companies we partner with. At The Headhunters, we understand that finding your next dream role is not just about aligning your skills with a job description. It is about knowing your personality, workstyle and career goals. Learn more about our specialized recruitment services at www.theheadhunters.ca.